Fauqier Hearing SVC PLLC is searching for an enthusiastic Extern to join our team! This is a growth opportunity with potential for permanent placement and equity buy in potential!
Our Practice’s main focus in tinnitus, hearing aids, and treatment plans. We are interested in adding fall prevention.
What it means to be Audigy Certified:
Audigy Group is the largest member-owned Management Company in the hearing care industry today. Our Members consist of a 250+ nationwide network of elite private Audiology practices with over 700 locations dedicated to providing exemplary patient care. Audigy Group represents the Member practices to assist students in locating an Externship that meets their educational and professional goals. This is an exceptional opportunity for students and experienced Audiologists since Audigy Group’s Members represent some of the nation’s top private practices in the hearing industry.
AudigyCertified™ practices are different. Instead of focusing solely on treatment, we work hard to improve our patient relationships. Where others schedule, we invite. Where others prescribe, we recommend. In an industry that’s becoming increasingly competitive, we thrive.
We strive for excellence in the workforce. It is obvious to say that experience is the best professor in life as it cannot be bought or learned in books. By integrating a student externship program, we offer hands-on experience that will give students the exposure they need to acquire the skills needed to be ready for the Audiology workforce. AudigyCertified™ private practices have outstanding first class professionals ready to teach students the various intricacies involved in running an elite private practice.
Clinic Information: Number of licensed audiologists and staff at the site:
- 1 FTE Au.D
- 1 Hearing Instrument Specialist
- 1 PTE professional support staff (technicians/audiometric assistants)
- 1 Clerical Staff
Approximate Patient Population Mix By Percentage:
- 15% INFANTS (UNDER 3)
- 5% CHILDREN 3-12
- 2% ADOLESCENTS 13-18
- 8% ADULTS 19-63
- 70% OLDER ADULTS 64+
Along with a high level of motivation and professionalism, we expect the extern to have mastered these skills before they begin their clinical externship:
- History intake
- Immittance Testing
Fauqier Hearing SVC PLLC expects the extern to learn/demonstrate these skills during their clinical externship:
- Newborn Hearing Screenings
- Hearing Aid Programming
- Hearing Aid Selection
Diagnostics and treatments currently performed within our Practice:
- Hearing Diagnoastics
- Hearing Aids
- Tinnitus Management
- Auditory Electrophysiology
- Auditory Processing Assessment/Treatment
Some of the clinical opportunities that will be given to the extern:
- Pediatric evaluations: infant/toddler
- Pediatric evaluations: school-age
- Adult hearing evaluations
- Otoacoustic emissions
- Acoustic Reflexes
- Hearing aids dispensed
- Hearing aid selection/fitting
- Audiologic rehabilitation (group or individualized)
- Tinnitus assessments
- Tinnitus rehabilitation
- Cerumen management
ALL RESPONSIBILITIES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BASED ON THE EXTERN'S UNIVERSITY PROGRAM.
Administers Diagnostic Tests
- Provides amplification services including, hearing aid assessment testing, real ear measurements and live speech mapping.
- Coordinates and interprets test results.
- Consults with and makes recommendation on hearing disorders to physicians.
- Based on test results, diagnosis audio vestibular disorders.
- Coordinates care with physicians and other providers.
- Completes chart notes for each patient seen and sends written report to referring physician and primary care physician
Manages Hearing Rehabilitation
- Counsels patients regarding test results.
- Makes recommendation regarding hearing care options.
- Reviews products available to improve hearing impairment.
- Sells appropriate hearing care products and warranties as deemed necessary to meet the needs of the patient.
- Provides hearing aid dispensing, including selection, fitting, ear-mold acoustics, ongoing management with follow-up, and education.
- Demonstrates and sells Assistive Listening Devices (ALD’s), batteries, and other special products.
- Performs hearing aid repairs.
- Performs hearing aid checks and cleaning.
- Aware of marketing activities.
- Responsible for revenue and margin outcomes.
- Maintains positive relationships with various vendors.
- Assists customers with exchanges or returns as needed.
- Involved in clinical quality outcomes, including efficiency and productivity.
- Provides excellent customer service and maintains good public relations.
- Oversees management of all office procedures.
- Shares administrative duties with colleagues as needed.