Are you interested in working with the Steve Jobs of the Hearing Industry, Rodney Perkins? Rodney Perkins is the Founder of Earlens, a medical device company perfectly situated between San Francisco and San Jose, CA that is experiencing technological and people growth.
Earlens is seeking an Audiologist with great people skills and critical thinking abilities to join our in-house clinic and work in the development and dispensing of a revolutionary new hearing device. This unique position interfaces with patients at a moderately busy private audiology clinic with an ENT clinic across the hall, fostering collaboration with physicians. The successful applicant will conduct typical clinical work as well as collaborate on cross-functional development projects, providing clinical and audiological feedback. Compensation is not tied to dispensing. In addition to dispensing hearing devices, the audiologist will be responsible for gathering data in the course of clinical activities to support in-house clinical studies. Opportunities for professional development are extensive, including participation in research protocol development, data analysis and presentation of research results at national and international conferences if desired, This position reports to the Director, Clinical Research.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned as necessary):
- Interface with patients, including obtaining hearing/health history, audiology diagnostics, fitting the Earlens device, and counseling patients on how to best use the Earlens technology.
- Fit custom eartips and make any adjustments, as needed.
- Program Earlens and work with subjects to elicit feedback regarding program preferences and settings, making adjustments as needed.
- Observe and assist the otologist with examinations, device procedures, and completion of medical records as needed.
- Complete clinical records and track visits, some utilizing an online database.
- Other clinical duties and projects, as needed.
OTHER OPPORTUNITIES TO BE DETERMINED BASED UPON FIT AND INTEREST OF CANDIDATE
- Opportunity to participate as a team member on product development projects providing audiology feedback on product designs to members of the cross-functional teams including R&D, Marketing, Operations, Quality, and Regulatory.
- Opportunity to prepare basic clinical protocols, collect data, and prepare clinical reports related to on-going research projects if interested.
- Opportunity to prepare abstracts and presentations for national audiology conferences if interested.