PSHC has an opening for a Cochlear Implant Audiologist at its Orange office.
Since 1965, Providence Speech and Hearing Center (PSHC) has helped more than 500,000 families in Orange County. We offer a variety of speech, hearing and occupational therapy services for children and adults alike and a one-of-a-kind experience where patients receive care with advanced technology and a supportive, optimistic environment. Our services are provided in several locations throughout Orange and South Los Angeles Counties (Orange, Irvine, Mission Viejo, Cerritos, Fountain Valley, Fullerton, and Newport Beach).
PSHC has an imaginative environment with exercises, treatment, and hands-on activities that allow patients to grow and advance their skills. Our staff of audiologists, speech therapists, occupational therapists and volunteers each contributes to the success and health of our patients. A spirited team effort upholds our mission.
• Provide accurate diagnosis, appropriate referral and active follow-up of all patients seen in audiology services.
• Parent education and family training in accordance with early identification best practices for identification and intervention of newly identified hearing loss as well as new hearing aid technologies.
• Determine appropriate assessment tools and strategies and implement appropriate treatment plans for all patients receiving rehabilitative services.
• Knowledge of, and in compliance with, the policies and procedures regarding record keeping, clinical goals and protocols, patient eligibility, patient scheduling, and all quality assurance standards maintained by the Department, PSHC, and all outside control agencies.
• Accurate and complete knowledge of CPT codes and other billing codes to ensure appropriate reimbursement from various payer sources.
• Participates as a team member with other audiology staff in clinical maintenance, staff meetings and associated assignments.
• Partner with community partners to provide audiology services and/or information sessions at other facilities.
• Master’s Degree, or Master’s Equivalency, in Audiology. Doctorate of Audiology preferred.
• Currently holds a California Dispensing Audiology license, or is willing and able to obtain one.
• Current Pediatric and Adult First Aid and CPR certification.
• Able and willing to work with and communicate in an empathetic, confidential, and professional manner to patients across age ranges and from all cultural linguistic and socioeconomic backgrounds.
• Qualifies or will apply for staff privileges with all hospital, health maintenance organizations, preferred provider networks, and other agencies as required by PSHC to execute all contractual requirements.
• Solid experience with cochlear implants.
• Competitive salary
• Medical, dental, vision, life insurance coverage
• 403(b) retirement plan company contributions
• 9 Paid Holidays and 15 PTO days
• Clinical License Reimbursement
• Reimbursement for professional membership dues
Job Type: Full-time
About Providence Speech & Hearing Center
For more than fifty years, Providence Speech and Hearing Center has worked to fulfill our mission of "Enriching Life Through the Gifts of Speech and Hearing." As a nonprofit organization, we don't turn anyone away, ever - regardless of their ability to pay.
As a National Center of Excellence, PSHC offers extraordinary, evidence-based treatment using advanced technology in speech, audiology, and occupational therapy services. We serve children and adults in multi-disciplinary teams to provide skilled intervention with an intensive focus on patient and family education. Our multi-faceted approach promotes the absolute best outcomes for our patients.
Do you want to come to work every day and witness an amazing mission in action? Do you want your day-to-day work to be life changing? Providence Speech and Hearing Center is currently accepting applications from qualified and passionate candidates who want more than just a job and a paycheck. Come be part of something bigger and help change people's lives!
BACK TO TOP
HEARCareers is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else AAA Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at HEARCareers.