Come be a part of something bigger and help be part of a mission that changes people's lives! If you want to come to work every day and witness an amazing mission in action, Providence Speech & Hearing Center is the place for you.
Our services are provided in several locations throughout Orange and South Los Angeles Counties (Orange, Irvine, Mission Viejo, Cerritos, Fountain Valley, Fullerton, and Newport Beach). We need two (2) Audiologists at our Orange clinic: one with Cochlear Implant expertise; and one with Pediatrics experience. Our Cerritos clinic needs one (1) Audiologist with Pediatric experience.
Since 1965, Providence Speech and Hearing Center (PSHC) has followed our mission of "Enriching Life with the Gifts of Speech and Hearing" by helping more than 500,000 families in Orange County. We offer a variety of speech, hearing and occupational therapy services for children and adults alike and a one-of-a-kind experience where patients receive care with advanced technology and a supportive, optimistic environment.
PSHC has an imaginative environment with exercises, treatment, and hands-on activities that allow patients to grow and advance their skills. Our staff of audiologists, speech therapists, occupational therapists and volunteers each contributes to the success and health of our patients. A spirited team effort upholds our mission.
• Provide accurate diagnosis, appropriate referral and active follow-up of all patients seen in audiology services.
• Parent education and family training in accordance with early identification best practices for identification and intervention of newly identified hearing loss as well as new hearing aid technologies.
• Determine appropriate assessment tools and strategies and implement appropriate treatment plans for all patients receiving rehabilitative services.
• Knowledge of, and in compliance with, the policies and procedures regarding record keeping, clinical goals and protocols, patient eligibility, patient scheduling, and all quality assurance standards maintained by the Department, PSHC, and all outside control agencies.
• Accurate and complete knowledge of CPT codes and other billing codes to ensure appropriate reimbursement from various payer sources.
• Participates as a team member with other audiology staff in clinical maintenance, staff meetings and associated assignments.
• Partner with community partners to provide audiology services and/or information sessions at other facilities.
• Master’s Degree, or Master’s Equivalency, in Audiology required--Doctorate of Audiology preferred
• Currently holds a California Dispensing Audiology license, or is willing and able to obtain one
• Current Pediatric and Adult First Aid and CPR certification, or is willing and able to obtain one
• Able and willing to work with and communicate in an empathetic, confidential, and professional manner to patients across age ranges and from all cultural linguistic and socioeconomic backgrounds
• Qualifies or will apply for staff privileges with all hospital, health maintenance organizations, preferred provider networks, and other agencies as required by PSHC to execute all contractual requirements
• Experience with cochlear implants is preferred (PSHC has a Cochlear Implant Institute)
• Pediatrics experience is required
Additional Salary Information: • Competitive salary
• Medical, dental, vision, life insurance coverage
• 403(b) retirement plan company contributions
• 9 Paid Holidays and 15 PTO days
• Clinical License Reimbursement
• Reimbursement for professional membership dues
Internal Number: 2018-10
About Providence Speech & Hearing Center
For more than fifty years, Providence Speech and Hearing Center has worked to fulfill our mission of "Enriching Life Through the Gifts of Speech and Hearing." As a nonprofit organization, we don't turn anyone away, ever - regardless of their ability to pay.
As a National Center of Excellence, PSHC offers extraordinary, evidence-based treatment using advanced technology in speech, audiology, and occupational therapy services. We serve children and adults in multi-disciplinary teams to provide skilled intervention with an intensive focus on patient and family education. Our multi-faceted approach promotes the absolute best outcomes for our patients.