Providence Speech and Hearing Center, part of the CHOC healthcare system has an opening for a Director,Audiology. The Director, Audiology is responsible for all facets of the Audiology Department including but not limited to daily operations, long term planning, quality assurance, budgetary considerations and clinical care. Assists with tasks to facilitate smooth and effective operation of the Department. Candidate will be responsible for oversight of existing Cochlear Implant program. Prior management experience in a hospital or clinic setting and vestibular work preferred.
* Required: Minimum ten years of post-graduate clinical Audiology experience. Minimum five years of experience in supervising/managing. Experience with developing and monitoring budgets. Demonstrated interest and/or experience with conducting clinical research.
* Required: Master’s Degree in Audiology.
* Preferred: Doctorate of Audiology.
* Required: Possesses attributes exhibiting maturity, leadership, self-motivation, flexibility and teamwork. Able to work and communicate in an empathetic, confidential and professionally appropriate manner to patients in all age ranges and from all cultural, linguistic, and socioeconomic backgrounds. Ability to prioritize workload of self and others to ensure operational efficiency. Prepares and completes documentation and reports in a timely and accurate manner. Ability to set goals and judge results in accordance with the highest standards and respect; advance the delivery of care through development of new ideas and technology; promote teamwork; understand and exceed patient/customer expectations, effectively solve organizational problems, role model positive and professional behavior. Intermediate skills in using Microsoft office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point). Effective written and verbal communications skills.
* Preferred: Conversational fluency in sign language or a second language preferred.
* Required: Eligible for or currently holds a California Dispensing Audiology license. Current BLS and PALS certifications through the American Heart Association.
Internal Number: R-14435
About CHOC Children's Hospital
At CHOC Children’s, we strive to be the leading destination of children’s health by providing exceptional and innovative care. We are responsible for the overall health of our community’s pediatric population in our hospitals, clinics, and practices. And because of our breadth of care, your career at CHOC Children’s can be as diverse and fulfilling as you determine. CHOC Children’s compensation structure, benefits offerings, and career development programs are geared to helping you achieve your professional and personal goals. Apply now to see where your career at CHOC Children’s can take you.